Friday 17 August 2012

Adventures

So I've just come back from a trip to Stoke, and I guess I should tell you now; I may have 'accidentally' forgotten Otis in Wales. Someone observed that that didn't matter, because he can fly, but he never turned up and I'm quite glad - he's been a bit of a pain recently. I don't think his sense of direction is very good because when I came home, he was sitting on the top of my cupboard in my bedroom with ruffled feathers. He hasn't said anything, but I reckon he set off, trying to catch up on me, and started following the wrong national express couch. He's an owl, and even if he wasn't; everyone always finds a way home. It's a rule of nature.

Anyway, Otis is in a grump with me for having left him behind, but I have to say, it was nice to be away from him and his little temper tantrums. And I've finally managed to get him to let me use my new 'Owscannerbran' on him; it's a special scanner that scans brains, specifically designed for owls. I don't have much else to do here, so I thought I may as well get famous by winning a nobel prize for the assisting of the progression of science.

This is what Otis' brain looks like:


I have still to find out what parts serve which functions; it appears Otis' brain is very different from other owls, in fact, I am now not sure whether he is an actual owl or not, based on the images of his brain! This is turning out to be a very interesting project indeed!

Back to Stoke, I'm sure you're all burning to hear what happened without Otis. Well, I spent a lot of time with Opium. I don't know if I've told you the story about Opium and heaven? We were contemplating what heaven will be like, and she said, "It'll be like we're on drugs, but ... not." If being on drugs means giggling all the time and hugging everyone then I'm OK with that. So Opium and I went to the park and played on the swings and then we watched a few stars shoot by and it was all good fun - actually, it was pretty much like we were on drugs, but we weren't!

She told me about Barney the caterpillar and Nelly the ninja iguana - but more on that in another post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment