Wednesday 5 September 2012

Berry picking

Yesterday was a busy day; the hedge in the front of our house needed trimming (looots!), so we did. While I was pulling away brambles and getting scratched and bitten by thorns and thistles, I noticed Otis picking at some plant. Going over to see what mischief he was involved in this time, I noticed that he was eating berries - the red ones that you're not meant to eat. So I said to him, "Otis, you can't eat those, they're poisonous!" You will hopefully agree with me that this was a well-meaning way of looking after him, but Otis didn't see it like that. He glared at me and said something about him being an owl longer than I've been one, and then he flew away. That was yesterday and he's still not come back, I'm slightly concerned. Hopefully he's found some pigeon friend or something who will help him if he needs it.
Anyway, I'll keep you updated. If you see him, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment