Wednesday 19 September 2012

New Beginnings

As an update to life - although, please don't be insulted, I'm pretty sure your life is much more exciting than ours, and you're just reading this blog to be polite - Otis and I have emigrated. I guess we're allowed to say emigrate, as we left the land of dragons and are now in the land of gnomes.

It's pretty awesome so far, although we do miss our dragons, especially Ernibert. Have I told you about Ernibert? He claims to be the last dragon in Wales. He's not.

The move was quite crazy. On the way up (we went by coach), Otis insisted on sitting on the roof. After a long discussion with the coach driver, he got his way as usual, and so throughout the whole journey, we spoke through the roof. As soon as we entered the land of gnomes, it started raining - we had been expecting it, but Otis forgot, and got soaked through!

Although we are familiar with the area around here, we are now living in an area that is quite new to us. We explored a bit the other day, and Otis flew high above the trees and streets and houses and when he came back, he said it was all ugly and grey from the top. I asked how high he flew, and it would appear he flew above the clouds without realising it (you'd think you'd know when you're flying through a cloud, but not Otis!) and so he thought the whole place was grey!

Tomorrow we are going to the big centre of knowledge where I've enrolled to learn all about stuff, and Otis has decided he might want to learn about stuff too, although he told me that he knew pretty much everything already anyway. I asked him if he could tell me what pi was, and he said that of course he knew, but he wasn't going to tell me because people might think him a show-off. I doubt he understands the meaning of show-off, seeing as he's told everyone in the radius of 10 miles of our new home that he did a study on the King Owls of France.

As regards the brain study, unfortunately I wasn't able to bring my Owscannerbrain as it's quite heavy and I was scared it might break. I will however be working with some very clever people soon, and am hoping that we could maybe work together in finding out more of this strange little owl called Otis.
He's certainly very adorable. And now I will go and watch him in secret, as he tries to make friends with the house cat. He's telling her about the time he accidentally mistook a badger for a mouse ... where will this end!???

No comments:

Post a Comment