Saturday 14 July 2012

Moving forward

Otis Burble set up his own facebook today. It was quite interesting to watch. Having nearly died yesterday of fright after a pheasant flew out of the field with a massive SQAUWK, I think he's more open to life now. I just hope he doesn't start smoking a pipe, because that's what Opium and I had planned on doing. We'll be the first witches in town - selling frogs legs and old women's warts as remedies for the plague and other interesting illnesses.

We certainly need a remedy for life; it's so strange not being in our old house anymore. I think Otis has experienced a bit of a culture shock; he has retreated to the attic with his new pigeon friend and talks about the valleys. Only today he said to me he thinks he is being watched by Welsh people. I shook my head in disbelief at this. Not that there aren't some funny characters here; the other day I was in Abergavenny and a man walked past, mumbling to himself, "I'm sure they've misspelt it!" But to think that they would take the effort of watching Otis Burble!? Time will tell whether he is a threat to this strange culture or not. In the meantime, I am thinking up plans in case 'stuff' happens when we are out and about.


Here's one of them (I can't tell you about all of them; some of you might be spies):
THE DITCH PLAN

  • I imagine I am walking the Welsh roads of Britain; it's trying it's best to be a bit sunny, and there is a bit of a wind . 
  • Suddenly, there is a gun shot.
  • Luckily I have assessed the area, and, grabbing Otis Burble by the tail, jump into the closest ditch, rolling into a ball and trying not to breathe.
  • Whilst rolled up, I dig for one of the devices that I have set up all around the area which will give off a signal to someone who can help us (at this point, you may be asking yourself if it would not be easier just to use my mobile phone - rest assured, dear reader, I did think of this, but was reminded of the lack of development in technology, such as providing signal in remote places. I think they do it on purpose; I'm sure there are spies around here).
  • After a couple of hours, I expect help will have arrived; if not, then we must turn to THE DITCH TUNNEL PLAN, which I cannot explain here for legal reasons.

So there you have it; just in case you were worried for our safety, you can ease your mind, knowing that nothing can happen to us so long as we plan ahead, and of course, trust God - He even loves crazy old Otis Burble, how could anything happen with God on our side!

No comments:

Post a Comment