Wednesday 11 July 2012

The significance of a moment

Otis Burble asked me what the significance of a moment is. So I told him that there are two different moments, and they differ in length. He asked me why, so I told him that if we live in the moment, that moment slips through our fingers like dust. If we are not living in the moment, we are either living in the past or in the future, and the moment freezes up like ice, until it melts under the warmth of our attention. The moment that we lose is easily regained in the next moment, and in the next, so it is never really lost. But the moment that we hang on to can become heavy and a burden.

I ate a chocolate after that, and waited for my fluffy owl to say something. When I looked up he had blinked a tear. I asked him what was the matter. He replied, "the pain is echoed off these walls, bouncing back at me and growing ever louder. Wherever you go, that echo will be like a scar which reminds you of the battle wounds that you did not have to endure, if you had only let go of that moment."

With that I left, because he's a silly owl who thinks he's all wise and sometimes he is and sometimes he isn't, but I just wish he'd said something funny!


Here's a joke because I guess you were expecting a funny story (thanks Otis!):
How do Welsh people eat cheese?
Caerphilly!

No comments:

Post a Comment